Escambia County Area Transit
Escambia County Area Transit's purpose is to provide public transportation in Escambia County for the benefit of the general public, specifically by:
- Owning, operating, and managing a public transportation system in Escambia County, Florida on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County, Florida for the benefit, use, and enjoyment of the general public;
- Providing an efficient and coordinated public transportation system servicing rural and urban areas that will facilitate economical and desirable urban development, reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality, reduce energy consumption, and provide mobility for the economically disadvantaged, the elderly, and persons with disabilities;
- Educating and informing the general public about the benefits of mass transit so as to enhance the use of the public transportation system;
- Improving the public welfare by establishing better access between home and work, facilitating the public’s participation in society, and promoting independent living and economic self-sufficiency;
- Assisting with the research, planning and development of a viable public transportation system and the implementation thereof.